Business is booming.

Ambassador Saleh presents credentials to COMESA Secretary General

The Eritrean Ambassador to South Africa, Mr. Saleh Omar Abdu, presented his credentials to COMESA Secretary General, Mr. Sindiso Ngwenya, as the Eritrean government’s Permanent Representative to COMESA.

Asmara, 5 November 2010 – The Eritrean Ambassador to South Africa, Mr. Saleh Omar Abdu, presented his credentials to COMESA Secretary General, Mr. Sindiso Ngwenya, as the Eritrean government’s Permanent Representative to COMESA.

During the presentation ceremony, the COMESA Secretary General said that the organization essentially aims at improving the people’s standard of living in the region through creating better employment opportunities and income. He further outlined the numerous requirements Eritrea fulfilled and the achievements registered in line with endeavors for the success of the programs of the organization. Mr. Sindiso Ngwenya further expressed goodwill to the Ambassador in the fulfillment of his duty.

Mr. Saleh Omar pointed out that his appointment as the Eritrean government’s Permanent Representative to COMESA fully attests to Eritrea’s readiness and commitment to implement the organization’s Integration Agenda.  The Ambassador further indicated that although Eritrea has not yet become a member of the Free Trade Area, it has already made 80% tariff reduction for products produced in the member states. Study is also being undertaken to avoid tariff on the remaining 20%, he added. Moreover, Mr. Saleh expressed Eritrea’s readiness to work closely with COMESA member states.

 

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More