Members of the 31st round national service have graduated and the 8thEri-Youth Festival got underway yesterday, 13 July, with enthusiasm, under the theme“Youth: The Vigor of Sustainable Development”.
Asmara, 13 July 2018 – Members of the 31st round national service have graduated and the 8thEri-Youth Festival got underway yesterday, 13 July, with enthusiasm, under the theme“Youth: The Vigor of Sustainable Development”.
At the ceremony in which senior government and PFDJ officials, Army Commanders, regional administrators, heads of national associations as well as a number of nationals from inside the country and abroad took part, President Isaias Afwerki said that the graduation of members of the 31st round national service is unique for it happened at a time in which the peoples of Eritrea and Ethiopia are embarking to a new era of friendship and cooperation.
President Isaias called on members of the 31st round national service and the 9th round graduates of the Vocational Training Center to upgrade their skills practically on the ground and become successful in their carriers. President Isaias also announced that he will conduct official visit to Ethiopia carrying the good will message of the Eritrean people.
Commander of the Sawa National Service Training Center, Col. Debesai Gide, said that members of the 31st round national service during their stay in the center have attended 8 months academic education and four months of political and military training. Col. Debesai indicated that 97.2% of the participants have successfully completed their academic and military training while the remaining 2.8% could not complete due to different reasons.
The director of the Vocational Training Center, Mr. Tesfai Tewolde, on his part said that the center has graduated 1,127 students including 553 females in 11 fields of study. Mr. Tesfai indicated that currently the center is equipped with modern educational materials and machinery.
President Isaias and other government and PFDJ officials handed over prizes and certificates to outstanding students and staff members.
The event highlighted with cultural and artistic performances.
Meanwhile, the youth festival will continue until July 15 with various activities.
President Isaias Afwerki also officially opened the exhibition organized in connection with the 8th Sawa National Youth Festival. The exhibition highlights the innovation and contribution of the Eritrean youth in the nation-building process.